Losing a tooth can significantly disturb your wellbeing, making some difficulty in everyday activities like eating and talking. Although contemporary dental restorative procedures have led to a substantial decrease in the number of teeth extracted annually, lots of individuals still have one or more missing natural teeth. According to an estimate, about 70 percent of American people aged 35-44 have dropped at least one of the natural teeth.
If you’re one of them and searching for a permanent and lifelong replacement alternative for a lost tooth, then dental implants should be your first option! A dental implant is a fixture that’s embedded inside the jaw bone and replaces natural teeth by encouraging a prosthesis, like a crown or removable or fixed denture.
Following the placement of dental implants, bone formation occurs in the environment of the implant, leading to firm anchorage and stability of the artificial tooth.
The success and fantastic durability of dental implants is dependent upon their ability to form direct contact with the surrounding jaw bone. This practice is called osseointegration and ensures that any prosthesis that’s placed over the implant stays retained and secure, thereby restoring the optimal operation of the artificial tooth.
Generally speaking, any person that has one or more missing natural teeth is a candidate for an implant.
• you would like a long term and durable replacement for your lost natural teeth.
• You wish to restore your facial esthetics by getting your missing teeth replaced.
• You wish to eat and speak with no difficulty.
• You want to eliminate your inconvenient and uncomfortable dentures.
Dental implants are gaining widespread popularity as the most convenient and durable replacement alternative for missing teeth.
Let us take a look at why you may prefer them over other tooth replacement options, like dentures and bridges:
• Enjoy a gorgeous Smile – Loss of a tooth can mess up your smile and facial esthetics.
The aesthetically pleasing dental prosthesis can be set over the implants, thereby restoring your lovely smile and charming look.
• Durability – Contrary to the dentures and dental bridges, dental implants are designed to last forever.
• Minimal Requirement for Tooth Preparation – Fabrication of teeth bridges, even for the replacement of one tooth requires reduction of the adjacent teeth also.
On the other hand, placement of dental implants doesn’t need any preparation or decrease of the adjacent teeth, thereby maintaining the natural tooth structure.
• Eat Any Food You Like – People who use removable or fixed dentures need to avoid eating hard and sticky foods.
This means they must overlook many of their favorite foods.
After replacing your teeth with dental implants, you can enjoy all your favorite foods with no fear of breaking or dislodging your dentures.
• Improved Oral Hygiene – Keeping optimum hygiene around dental bridges may be difficult since the bristles of the brush are not able to remove food particles from under them.
Because of this, additional oral hygiene measures may be required to attain optimal dental health.
• Comfort – Dental implants are inserted inside the jaw bone exactly like your natural teeth.
When you replace a missing tooth with a dental implant, you receive the exact same amount of comfort, convenience, and natural feeling as you have to your natural teeth.