Full dentures would be the most common restoration used for patients missing all of their natural teeth. The only other alternative to your complete removable denture is that a dental implant-supported prosthesis. Though removable dentures are often the most affordable option for tooth replacement, they may be uncomfortable and inconvenient. Read about 10 reasons to choose dental implants; there are several more. You may ask, “Can there be an alternative that’s comparable to dentures, but better?”
Dental implants are an alternative to consider!
A dental implant is a tiny artificial titanium fixture that serves as a replacement for the root portion of a missing natural tooth. Titanium is used because it is most compatible with all our bodies. The dental implant is placed in the bone of the upper or lower jaw and serves as an anchor for the replacement tooth. Learn more about the technology in dentistry used to place implants.
1) Improved Appearance: Dental implant-supported prostheses are more natural than removable dentures in appearance and more attractive. They look and feel like natural teeth. Since implants fuse into bone, the prosthesis is irreversible and non-removable.
2) Improved Confidence: Removable dentures become loose and may rock and lead to embarrassment for the wearer. With the dental implant prosthesis, a person could feel confident that teeth will not move. All regular activities can be done without fear of embarrassment.
3) Comfort and Convenience: Removable dentures can cause sore spots in the mouth under the denture. Having a dental implant-supported prosthesis there are no sore spots. Removable dentures may be inconvenient because they require removal at night and for cleanup. They need messy adhesives. Patients who have dental implants don’t experience these awkward situations.
4) Durability: Implants possess a higher rate of success and durability. They last many decades. With good care, implants can last a lifetime.
5) Enriched Eating: Removable dentures can slide through ingestion and also make eating a complicated and miserable activity. The capacity to chew foods enhances dramatically with dental implants. While removable dentures are just 20% to 25% as efficient as a person’s natural teeth, implant-supported prostheses are 80% as efficient. A prosthesis supported by dental implants functions just like natural teeth making eating an enjoyable and effortless experience.
6) Improved Flavor: A full upper removable knee covers the roof of their mouth. Food is more difficult to taste and enjoy. Having an implant-supported prosthesis, the roof of the mouth is not covered and food can be eaten completely.
7) Increased Nutrition and Health: Lots of foods can’t be consumed with removable dentures. With an implant-supported prosthesis, people can consume a varied, healthful diet that includes all essential food groups for improved nutrition. Chewy and crunchy foods like lettuce, carrots, and apples could be added to the diet.
8) Increased Speech: Removable dentures may make talking sound garbled. The teeth can slip within the mouth causing mumbling or slurring of words. With dental implants, normal speech is generally not an issue and patients can feel assured that the teeth will not slip during the dialogue.
9) Reduced Chance of reduction: Removable dentures are easily lost. Dental implant-supported prostheses can’t be eliminated and misplaced.
10) Bone Growth: One of the most devastating problems for individuals wearing removable dentures is that the loss of bone that occurs over time. Gradually removable dentures become more challenging to wear because of this bone loss. The ridge gradually wears away supplying less and less ridge to support the denture. Dental implants behave like natural teeth and aid in bone stimulation and development.
Having a high rate of long-term achievement, greater relaxation, and enhanced quality of life, dental implants will be the ideal selection for most individuals of all ages. Visit the best place for dental implants – Pi Dental Center to learn about dental implants.